How do you measure the effectiveness of your website? How to measure your website ROI?
There are two aspects to this, first measuring site effectiveness and second measuring the ROI of online marketing efforts. The first is pretty straightforward and the second a little more complex. Both are important.
Site effectiveness depends on the following non-tangible factors:
|Usability:||Does the site load fast and is easy to navigate|
|Clarity||Is the visitor able to understand what you have said on the site|
|Sales friendliness:||Is the visitor able to post an enquiry or purchase a product. Have you given instructions on how to order the product?|
|Branding:||Did the visitors entire online experience reinforce the brand into his awareness or will he forget you the moment he leaves the site.|
The tangible factors for measuring effectiveness:
- Number of visitors, daily, weekly, monthly and yearly
- No. of products ordered or enquiries placed.
- No. of telephonic/email enquiries generated whose source is the website. (Not commonly measured).
Needless to say the tangible factors will be affected by the non tangible factors. There are a lot of other tangible and non tangible factors you can measure such as time on site, bounce rate etc. But the above mentioned ones are important and all encompassing.
The important thing is to make sure your online marketing budget is clued into your account system to calculate against your profit margin.
Of course brand value and other non tangibles can never be calculated in an accounts software or a spread sheet.
- Excellence in website design, achieved through 13 years of experience and a lot of hard work
- How to go about finding the right web design agency for your website needs.
- The essential elements of an e-commerce initiative. What every e-commerce website owner should know about running an successful online business.
- Best Practices for A Web Design Company In India. Taking service to the next level through standard operating procedures without loosing out on innovation and creativity.
- Why business blogging is an important part of any digital marketing initiative.
- Common Misconceptions About E-Commerce that Refuse to Die
- What is more important ranking or traffic?
- Flow diagram of an e-commerce website deployment
- When to redesign your website and why - a quick primer.
- Things to consider while planning a website redesign process
View All Articles
Visit Our Blog