How do you measure the effectiveness of your website? How to measure your website ROI?
There are two aspects to this, first measuring site effectiveness and second measuring the ROI of online marketing efforts. The first is pretty straightforward and the second a little more complex. Both are important.
Site effectiveness depends on the following non-tangible factors:
|Usability:||Does the site load fast and is easy to navigate|
|Clarity||Is the visitor able to understand what you have said on the site|
|Sales friendliness:||Is the visitor able to post an enquiry or purchase a product. Have you given instructions on how to order the product?|
|Branding:||Did the visitors entire online experience reinforce the brand into his awareness or will he forget you the moment he leaves the site.|
The tangible factors for measuring effectiveness:
- Number of visitors, daily, weekly, monthly and yearly
- No. of products ordered or enquiries placed.
- No. of telephonic/email enquiries generated whose source is the website. (Not commonly measured).
Needless to say the tangible factors will be affected by the non tangible factors. There are a lot of other tangible and non tangible factors you can measure such as time on site, bounce rate etc. But the above mentioned ones are important and all encompassing.
The important thing is to make sure your online marketing budget is clued into your account system to calculate against your profit margin.
Of course brand value and other non tangibles can never be calculated in an accounts software or a spread sheet.
- Website designing in India - why India is such an excellent destination for website design and pitfalls to watch for.
- Common Misconceptions About E-Commerce that Refuse to Die
- Things to consider while planning a website redesign process
- Are your people into your website? Some ways to get your business team to be more involved with your website.
- Investing in your online presence - making a case for spending money to beef up your website and web marketing programme
- Things you can do before approaching a web designer to help the web design process along and get a head start in launching the project.
- Why business blogging is an important part of any digital marketing initiative.
- Flow diagram of an e-commerce website deployment
- How do you measure the effectiveness of your website? How to measure your website ROI?
- How to go about finding the right web design agency for your website needs.
View All Articles
Visit Our Blog